Born To Be Miserable

Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Rathole People - What do they look like? by Kimberly Koerber-Bauer-Koerber

"What are striated Rats, mommy?"

"Shhhh.  They will hear you.  We aren't staying for long - just to take a look at what they look like, ok?"

"Well, you said that they were ugly, low class and from Teamsters, before." 

"You better stay home, ok?  We are supposed to get along with them,  You talk too much.  I need for you to stay at the babysitter's house today."

"You said they were running a circus there.  I like circuses.  I WANT TO GO!"

"They are TOO dangerous.  You can't go.  If you give me a hard time, I will make sure you go to bed early."   

"But they are people too.  You said to be nice to people all of the time.  They are supposed to be there.  Other kids get to go to circuses."

"Wrong kind of circus."

"You are being mean to me.  I can go and be quiet as a mouse."

"No."

"Can you take pictures to show me later?  I will cry if I can't get to see them.  You are being really mean to me.  What could possibly happen if you took me?"

"Ok, ok.  I can't take you but I will promise to bring you something back, ok?"

MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION< PLEASE> . THE LIBRARY CLOSES IN FIVE MINUTES.  PLEASE BRING ALL BOOKS AND OTHER MATERIALS TO THE CIRCULATION DESK. 


To Be Continued........
They left me too.

No comments:

Episcopal/Anglican Church Shield in blue

Episcopal/Anglican Church Shield in blue
"I have been a member of the Episcopal Church all of my life"

About Me

My photo
Hello! I am a Social Worker (since 1990) and a writer. I am seeking writing jobs, funding for my Writing business called "the Indigo Drum" and a way to run an office again, plus a car.