Born To Be Miserable

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Please God, don't let today's "word-of-the-day" be a "trend-of-the-new-year". AMEN! :)

"A.Word.A.Day"
with Anu Garg
A happy 2011 to all! The United Nations has declared 2011 as the International Year of Forests. Well, every year should be the year of forests. We start the new year with words related to the plant kingdom.

dendroid

PRONUNCIATION:

(DEN-droid)


MEANING:
adjective: Resembling, branching like, or shaped like a tree.

ETYMOLOGY:
From Greek dendron (tree). Earliest documented use: 1846.

USAGE:
"Above, branches spread a dendroid filigree across the sky."
Angus Wells; Dark Magic: The Godwars; Bantam; 1992.
Explore "dendroid" in the Visual Thesaurus.

No comments:

Episcopal/Anglican Church Shield in blue

Episcopal/Anglican Church Shield in blue
"I have been a member of the Episcopal Church all of my life"

About Me

My photo
Hello! I am a Social Worker (since 1990) and a writer. I am seeking writing jobs, funding for my Writing business called "the Indigo Drum" and a way to run an office again, plus a car.