Born To Be Miserable

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

What is "Impugn"?

Close examination of a salad - bit by bit


Better image of what Ohio's Racketeering/whore ring did which included calling me names to help the Las Vegas drug/prostitution ring aka "I deserved to be abused" for one reason or another as most crooks, if allowed, tell their victim.
What does 'impugn' mean? ;)
************************************************************************************************************

A.Word.A.Day

with Anu Garg


impugn

PRONUNCIATION:

(im-PYOON)

MEANING:

verb tr.: To call in question or cast doubt upon.

ETYMOLOGY:
Via French from Latin impugnare (to attack), from im- (towards) + pugnare (to fight), from pugnus (fist). Ultimately from the Indo-European root peuk (to prick) which is also the source of point, puncture, pungent, punctual, poignant, pounce, and poniard. Earliest documented use: 1384.

USAGE:

"'You can't impugn somebody's integrity without having proper evidence,' David Collier, chief executive of board, said earlier."

Huw Richards; Troubled Tour Ends for Pakistan; The New York Times; Sep 23, 2010.

Explore "impugn" in the Visual Thesaurus.

No comments:

Episcopal/Anglican Church Shield in blue

Episcopal/Anglican Church Shield in blue
"I have been a member of the Episcopal Church all of my life"

About Me

My photo
Hello! I am a Social Worker (since 1990) and a writer. I am seeking writing jobs, funding for my Writing business called "the Indigo Drum" and a way to run an office again, plus a car.