Born To Be Miserable

Monday, August 1, 2011


The Columbus Coalition for the Homeless as pictured on their website


To: info@columbushomeless.org

© Columbus Coalition for the Homeless

132 S. Third St. Columbus, OH 43215
(614) 228-1342

Dear Columbus, Homeless Coalition,

I am currently homeless. I and my fiance John Drilling were trying to get beds in Faith Mission. We are on the aiting list. When we slept outside near Faith Mission, some man ran his finger up my leg to wake me up and to scare me. The man was a young black man. Also that night which was two or three days ago now, a man was yelling "help me! on the corner of Faith Mission. a Gang was hanging around the area, claaed "the Limited Companies " gang. The police showed up and went around the corner that night, times three. An EMS squad also showed up. I am homeless through no fault of my own, but because of being victimized by crime in the past. For some reason, I am very qualified, yet can't seem to get hired to do much of anything. Can you help?






Regards,


Kimberly! :)                                    
                                    
***************************************************
Response received August 3, 2011  

Kimberly                    





Thanks for contacting us. Unfortunately, I do not have an immediate answer to you very difficult problems. I would suggest that you you persist in staying on the shelter waiting list. There is a good chance that you will be able to get housing, once you are in a shelter and begin to work with one of the case managers. No promises, but there is a good chance this will happen.




In the meantime, if you are having trouble getting services and accessing the shelter be in touch with us. We can try to trouble shoot on your behalf.




We are aware of the serious waiting list problem and are meeting with groups around the city to see if we can open up more beds. Not an immediate solution for you, but hopefully in the near future..



Don Strasser






Columbus Coalition for the Homeless






228-1342


********************************************************************************


P.S. - what I did not tell them as part of this lament was that I had no place for my luggage either, so crooks broke the latches of my luggage and stole jewelry and other items as part of the game.  Because of being homeless and having no rights, this got scary.  Lugging around luggage is a hassle for people affected in this circumstance.  Prior to this sitation coming into my life as a 'guiding or motivating' force, I was never homeless but was working and volunteering with homeless agencies in part.  DID I THINK THIS WOULD EVER HAPPEN TO ME?  Not on your life.                                                     
Was this some sort of punishment overall? 
More will be revealed, but I vote YES on this. :)

No comments:

Episcopal/Anglican Church Shield in blue

Episcopal/Anglican Church Shield in blue
"I have been a member of the Episcopal Church all of my life"

About Me

My photo
Hello! I am a Social Worker (since 1990) and a writer. I am seeking writing jobs, funding for my Writing business called "the Indigo Drum" and a way to run an office again, plus a car.