Born To Be Miserable

Friday, June 29, 2012

"The Thorn Web" by Kimberly Koerber-Bauer-Koerber




The Thorn Web

By Kimberly Koerber-Bauer-Koerber


A tangle of grey, white, and black,
A place to hide and have a grand old time.
I place that is special and off the beaten track.
The thorns get sharper as time goes on
 – 'Welcome – ‘it’s your dime’". 

The Thorn Web grows around the person,
 and the person no longer exists
Thicker and thicker thorns grind into the skin.
The person thinks they are special and that
 The Thorn Web is not a trap, but is a fix.
The Thorn Web starts out as a drink (just one),
 a drug, or a desire to be thin.



Thorns that grind, thorns that bind,
 Thorns that people wear
But think they left behind.
This outfit of doom is worn on the
Inside and is hidden from others strong and fair.
The Thorn Web is a place of intentions past and
 Intentions yet to find.

The Thorn Web is a stall, a stopping place,
 And sometimes an end
Because untreated addictions and compulsions
 Advance and have a life of their own.
No good intentions, after a certain point,
 Are there to think about or send.
Instead of a life well lived, The Thorn Web
 Is an advanced picture of seeds that have been sown.
******************************************************************************

 Post Script: The Thorn Web was written by me this morning because someone gave my fiance a white t-shirt with a tangled mass of 'thorny' grey, white, and black thorns or branches.  I am a recovering Alcohlic and have been attending A.A. meetings since 1986. 

No comments:

Episcopal/Anglican Church Shield in blue

Episcopal/Anglican Church Shield in blue
"I have been a member of the Episcopal Church all of my life"

About Me

My photo
Hello! I am a Social Worker (since 1990) and a writer. I am seeking writing jobs, funding for my Writing business called "the Indigo Drum" and a way to run an office again, plus a car.