Born To Be Miserable

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

"Learning To Drive" by Kimberly Koerber-Bauer-Koerber

An MGB Manufactured by Brithsh Leland Motors

 

 

"Learning To Drive"

                                                    or

    The Immersion Theory at Work 


A Daughter:  “I want to learn to drive!  I just got my learner’s permit and need lessons.”

A Father:  “I will teach you to drive but you have to do exactly what I say”.

A Daughter:  “I am interested in doing it the way other people do it but I can’t afford to take lessons from an instructor.  You always say you will do things for me but never have time!”

A Father:  “Ok – ok – I have time tomorrow, at about 5:30 p.m.

Time to Drive -
'or else'


The next day…….


A Daughter: “Ok – I am ready now.  You promised!”

A Father:  “Ok – get in since you INSIST on wasting my time.  You will never learn to drive anyhow, but I am tired of you whining. When we get in the car, I want you to drive on the busiest street there is – to start out.  On Route 18, in Medina, Ohio in Medina County at about this time, you have to watch the road and have to pay attention to everything.”

          **************************************************

So, the father and daughter went out on the road.  The daughter had a few people shake their fists at her, but did learn to drive quickly, first time, and every time after that, and could drive any vehicle.

No comments:

Episcopal/Anglican Church Shield in blue

Episcopal/Anglican Church Shield in blue
"I have been a member of the Episcopal Church all of my life"

About Me

My photo
Hello! I am a Social Worker (since 1990) and a writer. I am seeking writing jobs, funding for my Writing business called "the Indigo Drum" and a way to run an office again, plus a car.