Born To Be Miserable

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Someone liked Columbus, Ohio at one time - Then they developed a retail store and more.

Found on the ground today while walking:
a Homage Columbus, Ohio USA pin


What is homage?

homage [ˈhɒmɪdʒ]

n
1. a public show of respect or honour towards someone or something (esp in the phrases pay or do homage to)
2. (Historical Terms) (in feudal society)
a. the act of respect and allegiance made by a vassal to his lord See also fealty
b. something done in acknowledgment of vassalage
vb (tr)


Archaic or poetic to render homage to
[from Old French, from home man, from Latin homo]


Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

No comments:

Episcopal/Anglican Church Shield in blue

Episcopal/Anglican Church Shield in blue
"I have been a member of the Episcopal Church all of my life"

About Me

My photo
Hello! I am a Social Worker (since 1990) and a writer. I am seeking writing jobs, funding for my Writing business called "the Indigo Drum" and a way to run an office again, plus a car.