Born To Be Miserable

Monday, August 22, 2011

THE RULES: as essay written by James Tate

This essay was read and dissected yesterday at Trinity Episcopal Church, 3rd and Broad Street, Columbus, Ohio  43215:

THE RULES

A man came into the store and said, :I'd like to have two steaks, about ten ounces each, a half-an inch thick please".  I said, "Sir, this is a candy store.  We don't have steaks."  He said, "And I'd like to have two potatoes and a bunch of asparagus."  I said, I'm sorry, this is a candy store, sir.  That's all we carry."
He said, "I don;t mind waiting."  "It could be many years,", I said.  "I have plenty of time". he said.

No comments:

Episcopal/Anglican Church Shield in blue

Episcopal/Anglican Church Shield in blue
"I have been a member of the Episcopal Church all of my life"

About Me

My photo
Hello! I am a Social Worker (since 1990) and a writer. I am seeking writing jobs, funding for my Writing business called "the Indigo Drum" and a way to run an office again, plus a car.