Born To Be Miserable

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Open Letter to The Rev. Adam J. Shoemaker, Rector, Holy Comforter Episcopal Church, Burlington, NC


Faith intertwined and interfaced but not out of the picture :)

June 19, 2011

To: The Episcopal Church of the Holy Comforter

       320 E David Street
       Post Office Box 1336
       Burlington, NC 27215


The Rev. Adam J. Shoemaker, Rector
email: ashoemaker@holycomforterburlington.org


Dear Reverend Shoemaker,


I am from Ohio and was delighted to be able to attend Holy Comforter Church today, on Father's Day. I enjoyed the service which was very familiar and was very comforting. I am in North Carolina at this time because I experienced personal tragedy and loss in Ohio. Our family of three were living in Wooster, Ohio and I decided to file for divorce because of abuse. My cars got set on fire, I was tortured in a hospital operating room with a pointed catheter up my left leg, and other dirty tricks. I hired a divorce lawyer, Susanne Waldron, who did not beg a divorce settlement for me in court. Then, my ex-husband got sicker and sicker and was in a wheelchair. He had prior gastrointestional surgery which was reversed, I stayed there because our son was there and needed me, his mother, for support. My ex-husband eventually retired frm his job as a Quality Engineer for Colfor Manufacturing in Minerva/Malvern Ohio and decided to retire, and left me there. The crooks from that community would not cash checks that came in the mail, out of spite. I had a really hard time with this 'clique' up there, and our son left with his friends a week after his dad left supposed to retire in Florida.


I found out that our son, Justin Bauer, was in jail in Gastonia, because he started to write to me in Columbus, Ohio. I was living with my fiance, John Drilling, who came to church with me today in a room at The Motel One, Columbus, Ohio 43213, and was not able to find a job when Justin started writing. We (John and I) went to Gastonia about two weeks ago to find out that my ex-husband, Jerry Bauer, died of liver failure and his brother who picked him up in Ohio died also. Justin Bauer, our son, came to North Carolina with friends from Ohio and they set him up but left - no friends from Ohio are in jail with him. His sentencing is on the 28th of the month, and he has a multitude of charges on him, plus he had a $ 200,000 bond set on him. I am now broke thanks to crooks, and am seeking employment. I did not ask for this 'package'. I have always tried to do the right thing, but this situation "happened" anyhow.


If not for these things occurring, I would never be in North Carolina at all, yet alone in Burlington. I now get to be both the Mother and Father, and am scared about the future myself. I was praying for Justin today in church, and know that other people have trouble also, but am glad that the Episcopal Church and the friendly people there were there this morning. I felt welcome there and was happy this morning. I was an acholyte when I was in high school, and then went to St Paul's Episcopal Church in Medina, Ohio.  I was also married in the Episcopal Church and by the Justice of the Peace, and my son was christened in the Episcopal Church.


I enjoyed the Fathers' Day sermon, also. Thanks, again.


                                                                                                Warmest Regards,


                                                                                     Kimberly Koerber-Bauer-Koerber

                                                                                         and

                                                                                   John Drilling


P.S. - If you want to, feel free to put my letter in you newsletter "Comfortable Words". I also maintain a Facebook page and a blogspot listed below.

*********************************************************************************

Response:

RE:Monday, June 20, 2011 11:57 AMFrom: "Adam Shoemaker" View contact detailsTo: "Kimberly Koerber-Bauer-Koerber" Dear Kimberly,




Thanks so much for the note. It certainly sounds like you've been through quite a lot in your life!

I am so glad you've found your way to Holy Comforter - regardless of the circumstances - and happy to hear that you and John found it to be a welcoming and warm community.

I enjoy the chance to meet with newcomers personally so that I can have a chance to get to know them better and they can get to know me. If you and John would be interested in meeting with me, I'd be happy to find the time to do that. Perhaps I could take you out to lunch?

Again, welcome to Holy Comforter and please know of my prayers for you and your family and especially for your son Justin.

Warmly,

Adam+

No comments:

Episcopal/Anglican Church Shield in blue

Episcopal/Anglican Church Shield in blue
"I have been a member of the Episcopal Church all of my life"

About Me

My photo
Hello! I am a Social Worker (since 1990) and a writer. I am seeking writing jobs, funding for my Writing business called "the Indigo Drum" and a way to run an office again, plus a car.