Born To Be Miserable

Monday, February 13, 2012

From "Care of the Soul" by Thomas Moore




"Care of The World's Soul" : The Sacred Arts of Life p. 301

If...

We don't allow soul its place
In our lives
We are forced to
Encounter these mysteries
In fethishes and symptoms,
which in a sense are
pathological art forms,
the gods of our diseases.
********************************************************************

Randy, a Social Worker from Weaver House in Greensboro, NC ALWAYS started out talking to the group in the same way as the beginning of this touching and revelavt thoug stream above.  Randy used to say to the group always "IF you..." and then continued the thought.  This man also was trying to help people by trying to warn them what could happen if they did this or that. 

No comments:

Episcopal/Anglican Church Shield in blue

Episcopal/Anglican Church Shield in blue
"I have been a member of the Episcopal Church all of my life"

About Me

My photo
Hello! I am a Social Worker (since 1990) and a writer. I am seeking writing jobs, funding for my Writing business called "the Indigo Drum" and a way to run an office again, plus a car.