Born To Be Miserable

Friday, August 26, 2011

"Free Collections - Ghetto Churches and Help", by Kimberly Koerber-Bauer-Koerber

Put-this-in-your-collection-plate-assorted-songs
by

TaraToms

(wear earbuds and click on above link)


Found in a computer kiosk on a small turquiose piece of paper at The Main Columbus, Ohio public library:

"In your lives you must
think and act like Christ Jesus"
                           Philippians 2:5

God Loves you just the way
you are.  Don't confust God's love with the love of
People.
Have a day filled with smile.
                                 LOVE
                                      Melissa"
************************************************************

Yesterday, My fiance and I went to the United Methodist Free Store, on Parsons Avenue. 
The clerk there asked "Are you shopping for yourself/"
"Yes", I responded.
I checked out with an outfit, a few small other things
AND
two old brass church collection plates.

The collection plates were well worn and looked
like they were dug out of the trash somewhere and then were donated to "The Free Store".
The collection plates looked like they may have belonged to
one of the many 'ghetto street churches'
few of which are designed to really legitmately help anyone in need.

John keeps saying that The Catholic Church is the "True" church.  I am Espicopalian, and have been all of my life.

Regardless of anything else,
I am glad that we took the Collection Plates to the scrapyard and then had
money for tobacco and a few other things.

No comments:

Episcopal/Anglican Church Shield in blue

Episcopal/Anglican Church Shield in blue
"I have been a member of the Episcopal Church all of my life"

About Me

My photo
Hello! I am a Social Worker (since 1990) and a writer. I am seeking writing jobs, funding for my Writing business called "the Indigo Drum" and a way to run an office again, plus a car.