Born To Be Miserable

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Open Letter to Father Bauer - St Mary's Bascillica - Minneapolis, Minnesota by Kimberly Koerber-Bauer-Koerber

"Footprints in the Sand"

June 8, 2011



Dear Father Bauer,


I am scared. I just got back from Gastonia, NC where my son Justin Bauer is on jail. His sentencing date is on the 28th. He said that his dad, Jerry Bauer, died of liver failure in the hospital in Florida. He said they may move him to a halfway house in Durham, NC called “Trabow”. I have no money to hire a lawyer or to get him out of jail. I did not cause any of this, but I think his dad, Jerry Bauer started receiving Federal Checks. Justin is really large and tall now - it looks like he is some kind of police agent that they dumped in jail again and stripped of money. He has really dark circles under his eyes. i am scared and do not want to lose him, but do not know what to do. For some reason, I think this had something to do with the Nigerian conflict, which they wanted to hide under the table and not report in the media, and being related to the textile industry (Eddie Bauer) and political corruption. Justin said that when his dad died, he received no money - only enough to have his dad cremated. I did not want this to be the last time I saw Justin. We have been affected by corruption all of our lives. These Nigerian emails I receive still remain a problem. I think this situation links back to US political corruption. I could not stop thinking of Justin's face as I just saw him. Justin is 26 years of age – born on December 31, 1982, and is my only child. Prior to this, I have not seen him since 2006. He started to write to me when John and I were living in Columbus, Ohio and I am glad that I came to see him - but am helpless. Can the church please help? They here at the Greensboro public library said that I could not bring my suitcases in to be on the internet and that they no longer allow suitcases here at all. A black woman at the library counter made this rule, I guess.


Father Bauer, I would like to get out of being martyred. I applied for a job at Google in Chapel Hill, but have to get there, and be hired by them. This is what I would like to do next. I am very good with computers, and my BlogSpot is being carried by them. John does not have a job, but could apply there to be a cab driver. We have nowhere to stay there, either, and cannot afford to pay for a room.


Can the church help us?


Regards,


Kimberly! :)


No comments:

Episcopal/Anglican Church Shield in blue

Episcopal/Anglican Church Shield in blue
"I have been a member of the Episcopal Church all of my life"

About Me

My photo
Hello! I am a Social Worker (since 1990) and a writer. I am seeking writing jobs, funding for my Writing business called "the Indigo Drum" and a way to run an office again, plus a car.