Born To Be Miserable

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

"Evaluating Faith Based Organizations" another chapter by Kimberly Koerber-Bauer-Koerber


"A German Shepard in a precarious position."



While here at Weaver House, 305 E. Lee Street, Greensboro, NC, we definitely get our daily quotient of eggs.  In fact, every morning at 7:00 am, scrambled eggs are served with a smile, along with grits, sausage, and some kind of bread.  The breakfasts, lunches, and dinners are great.  They were nice enough to give us rubber mats and blankets on the first night that we showed up because they were filled to capacity, and then got us in to beds on the second night. 

They have a very spiritual program here also, and have quality preachers every day at meals. Also, each day at breakfast time,. they load up an old school bus, which has painted on the side "Last Change Ministries", and take people to a 'secret' location The location provides job seeking, directions and motivation to a job search, and lunch.  They also have a meeting downstairs once a week, called the Housing Fair, where people who are recipients of this IRC or Interactive Resource Center in programs can rent places to live - owned by this not-for-profit agency.  The problem may be racism.  They were interested in discriminating against me today, on my second day, for some contrived reason.  They also listed me as "Kimberly Drilling" unbeknownst to me - as my name is not this, but "Drilling is my fiance's name.  We are not yet married.  My name is Kimberly Koerber-Bauer-Koerber. 

The welfare recipients who I ride on the bus with are great - I like them a lot.  Also, DEA is supposed to be here in Greensboro , NC but somehow the money keeps being embezzled and the people in the police here, as per usual along with others, are not being paid.

When I was lookkng at the State's job site today, I saw the "Educational Administrator's" job open - which seems fishy.  When Governor Ted Strickland was released after his four year term in Ohio and got angry about not being allowed to serve another four years, the only thing the man did during his term was evaluate schools - which he was not able to get grant funding for regardless.  Yet, this is a North Carolina Administrative position that is still listed on the state's site.

It looks like an investigation is needed her in depth.

The Faith based part isn't bad.  The other parts are questionable. 

No comments:

Episcopal/Anglican Church Shield in blue

Episcopal/Anglican Church Shield in blue
"I have been a member of the Episcopal Church all of my life"

About Me

My photo
Hello! I am a Social Worker (since 1990) and a writer. I am seeking writing jobs, funding for my Writing business called "the Indigo Drum" and a way to run an office again, plus a car.