Born To Be Miserable

Monday, July 2, 2012

"A Loser type of person" thanks Reverend David Umphlett



OPEN LETTER TO THE REVEREND DAVID UMPHLETT, Rector, St Mary's Episcopal Church, High Point, NC


July 2, 2012
Dear Reverend Umplett,

Thanks for being our friend, and helping us by buying our tickets to Roanoke, Va. so that we do not have to sleep out on the street here in
High Point, NC or be picked up and have to go to jail for vagrancy.
We appreciate it. You made us feel like we were worthwhile human
beings.

I also liked the closing hymn on Sunday - "America". I am sort of an orphan anyhow. My mother, who is now "Mrs. R.J.
Reynolds" and lives in Akron, Ohio would rather have me rot on the
street than help us in any way and has always been this way.
She is 74 now anyhow and my dad is dead.
Johns mother is in her 80's. This is why I was so intent on working
and building a life, which we will do again. I did not want to ever be a
"loser person" who had to beg, live in shelters, and be looked down on
by people. My ex-husband, with the "Bauer" conglomerate, is the same way. St. Mary's Church made us feel welcome the entire time we
were here.

Have a blessed fourth of July.
Regards,
Kimberly Koerber-Bauer-Koerber and John Drilling

No comments:

Episcopal/Anglican Church Shield in blue

Episcopal/Anglican Church Shield in blue
"I have been a member of the Episcopal Church all of my life"

About Me

My photo
Hello! I am a Social Worker (since 1990) and a writer. I am seeking writing jobs, funding for my Writing business called "the Indigo Drum" and a way to run an office again, plus a car.