Born To Be Miserable

Sunday, January 16, 2011

"I am The Big Sister" - by Kimberly Koerber-Bauer-Koerber


I recently found near a clothing donation metal box, in the old "Super-Duper" shopping center parking lot, on James Road here in Columbus, Ohio, a white pin-on round button with pink ribbon 'shirred' around the sides, and a two streamers of pink ribbon  with gold 'squiggles' attached.  I picked up the button, pinned it on m coat and later got from a Thrift Store a stick on wooden 'star, one half with red and white stripes, and the other half decorated with white stars and a blue background.  The button says:

 "I 'm The Big Sister"

I really am the oldest in my family of origin, by the way, so I have been wearing the button since then.  But I also thought...

     that maybe "Big Brother"
needed reinforcement from
this "Big Sister" role - to promote
feminism,
equality,
and further promote the cause of
"Reinforced Federal Hubs" for Columbus, Ohio and other cities.

The Spirit of '76 Launch" was supposed to have been done a long time ago, and
was part of a series. 
Patriotism,
Reinforcement of the Federal Government
and
Solidarity
would be on the agenda as idealistic notions.

No comments:

Episcopal/Anglican Church Shield in blue

Episcopal/Anglican Church Shield in blue
"I have been a member of the Episcopal Church all of my life"

About Me

My photo
Hello! I am a Social Worker (since 1990) and a writer. I am seeking writing jobs, funding for my Writing business called "the Indigo Drum" and a way to run an office again, plus a car.