Born To Be Miserable

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Turtles and "Offshore Drilling"


The World Turtle Trust Organization is a great organization to save the turtles, and their web address is http://world-turtle-trust.org.  NPR has many relevant turtle stories.  My "turtle story" had to do with a pet Kmart turtle being brought to Ohio from Pennsylvania when I was a kid and having to stay in the basement in a large, plastic/rubber bowl with a rock and some water because Herbie was not allowed to come int the house.  (Another reason to hate my mother).  Herbie ate lettuce and minded his own business, but never saw the light of day, had no companions, and died alone. :(  


These days, people might say the Herbie was a victim of "Offshore Drilling" - The racketeering type.

No comments:

Episcopal/Anglican Church Shield in blue

Episcopal/Anglican Church Shield in blue
"I have been a member of the Episcopal Church all of my life"

About Me

My photo
Hello! I am a Social Worker (since 1990) and a writer. I am seeking writing jobs, funding for my Writing business called "the Indigo Drum" and a way to run an office again, plus a car.